Wednesday, February 17, 2010

designer labels


I was sitting down earlier this morning thinking about my new Louis Vuitton belt. I usually am not a Louie fan but the belt was cute. Im more of a Coach girl myself. However, when thinking of this I flashed back to a conversation I had with someone that use to be my friend about brand name or designer bags.The conversation should have let me know that we just weren't meant to be friends we viewed life so differently; but thats another story for another blog. Anyway the two of us went to Dillards (sort of like a Norstroms in Virginia) one day with her mom, of course like the girls we are we had to stop and look at pocketbooks (purses, sorry I'm a bit country at times). I quietly watched her and her mom look at bags that I personally thought were hideous. When they asked me what I thought of this one Dooney and Burke I had to tell, and this is in my exact words," I don't like it I don't like clothes or bags with the designers name all over it I mean it's not necessary. If I wear a Coach bag having "C's" all across it doesn't make it more fashionable or prettier than the Coach bag without it... after all its still a Coach."

Well that is when I was proposed the question, " What's the point of wearing a designer label if no one knows?".

I was baffled, in my world where I know not everyone has the pleasure to reside, you wear and do things that please yourself not to show off, upstage, or fit in with someone else. As I stood there looking at these two, and since I know them very well I can call them this, superficial women;I was in amazement. This woman old enough to be my mother had determined her wealth, success, and worth based off the perception she is able to give others about who she is and had successfully taught her daughter to do the same.

I understand that if your spending 300 dollars on a bag 150 on jeans you want them to be noticable to look perfect, however to say your only buying something so that others can see it is silly.

So the answer to the question I was asked by these women is... because it doesnt matter what people think you wear what you want, when you want, however you want, for yourself not to impress someone else.

It takes money to buy designer labels when ever you want. But, it takes confidence in your self, and knowledge of yourself to rock the label, and not have it rock you.


the truth ... untold C.Mone`

No comments:

Post a Comment