Monday, July 13, 2009

so yea they forgot someone

So the other night I was watching dateline or 60 minutes one of them it doesn't really matter.  But they were talking bout how to improve identifying perps in a photo line up. Being that hopefully in the near future i would like to pursue a career in law I find all aspects of it interesting. as I sat there and watched as they showed the normal photo id which included a victim flipping through photos, they also showed a newer method which demonstrated them looking at the photos of offenders on the computer i couldn't help but notice one thing. All the photos they showed were of young black men. It may be me but I felt a bit offended. I turned to my mom and said why is it that they only showed black men as if the only criminals there is are black. I mean none of the men they showed where Hispanic, Asian, white.. nothing.. as the Asian woman on the screen flipped through the photos I saw black face after black face. I mean it could be that the particular crime they were talking about involved a black man, but its unlikely since they were just talking bout the process in general... I may be overly sensitive but I sensed a unfairness in it. A violation! And although, I'm not going to protest I do feel annoyed because its not the first time things like that have happen and sadly it wont be the last.

the truth untold, C.Mone..

No comments:

Post a Comment